Thursday, March 25, 2010

From Here To There

At the moment my steps have ended
I now hesitate to go
As if my drive has been suspended
Even my mind won’t let me know

The energy in my world has faded
Not even the wind will blow
All my loves have been misstated
And my whispers no longer flow

Breathing takes on new meaning
As my lungs seem to reach for air
And without the fuel from their steam
I can’t get from here to there

All my struggles have interrupted
The simple thought where I belong
So if it’s not where I was headed
Why continue to go on

Frozen for what seems forever
Waiting for my courage to thaw
Getting there is a huge endeavor
I feel foolishly in awe

The power’s contained in every step
Not a dream I dreamed that I’d end up
And glory in the way I take them
By the strength of will and never luck

Though the turmoil has stopped me
I pause because I care
About the way that I AM treated
As I move from here to there

No comments: